Friday, April 20, 2007

Drugs In Space...

...and no, I don't mean boosters or anything sold by Serpentis, etc.

I mean that right now, I'm pretty much totally swacked on Percoset and Valium after major dental surgery. I haven't been this fucked up on pills since my punk rocker days, and as much as it's not something I really want to be doing with any regularity, I'm feeling no pain, and that's a good thing. I'm a total coward when it comes to pain, and since I know perfectly well that if I wasn't taking all this stuff I'd be in a world of it, I'm okay with revisiting my drug-crazed youth for this purpose...and yeah, ok, I'll admit I am enjoying the buzz...maybe even just a little too much, but right now I really don't give a fuck as long as it keeps the pain at bay.

Of course, the really fun part is when I try to play Eve this fucked up. I've seen plenty of humorous stories involving EVE and the imbibing of significant quantities of alcohol, but since I'm not really much of a drinker they've been kind of hard to truly appreciate...until now.

After getting home from dental hell and taking all my drugs, the first thing I did was print out all the Agony Unleashed Basic PvP Course materials and fire up EVE to get done at least some of the final prep for my course. During the course of this, I ran into a few NPC pirates, but since I was flying a ship I hadn't actually fitted with guns yet, I beat it the hell out of there. I may be messed up on pain meds, but even in this condition I know that hanging out where I was probably wouldn't have been very smart. So, I flew back to the class staging station, parked my Tristan, and logged out. This stuff just requires a lot more focus and concentration than I'm able to muster right now.

Now, I'm sitting here, typing away in a Valium/Percoset-induced fog, and thinking that while I definitely don't think even PvE combat is probably a great idea right now...actually, I've lost far more ships to NPC's than in PvP...I still wanna go for a cosmic joyride, just because I'm in that kind of a mood.

Also, since I've got virtually no standing in Caldari space and I'd have to pretty much start from scratch if I wanted to try doing a mission here, I'm thinking perhaps a trip in the dessie back to Gallente space might be in order just to do a really easy Level 2 mission and blow some shit up just for the entertainment value.

So, if ya happen to see me out there, take pity on the mentally impaired and don't pod me...my day's already been fucked up enough as it is...thanks! :)

No comments: