Monday, October 6, 2014

Boom Goes The Caracal

Um yeah, pretty much. I hung in there just a little too long and it cost me. At least I had decent insurance, bronze level I think. I'll still have to spend some time flying distribution missions to put together enough ISK to put another Cruiser in space, but I'm not so sure it's going to be another Caracal. I'm thinking maybe a Moa next time. We'll see.

I'm getting Level II missions now, which is a good thing. I need to make at least a few more million ISK before I even think about trying to buy and fit one of those monsters. Still I that's my current goal, to put another Cruiser in space asap. We'll see how it goes.

More soon.

Question of the Moment

Why is it that I can't find anywhere to buy an EvE Online t-shirt? Not an expensive hoodie or jacket, like they sell on the website, but a nice normal t-shirt, maybe something with the EvE logo on it, perhaps even a ship or two? How is it that this game can be as popular as it is and yet no one sells this most basic item of gaming memorabilia? I don't get it.



Saturday, October 4, 2014

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

Today I flew a few missions and continued fitting the Caracal. She's nicely appointed in terms of hardware now, but there are still a few skills I still need to train up for maximum impact. I've been training the important stuff up to Level IV before moving on to something else because of the long train times for Level V, but now I think it's time I started getting some of the more important ones done.

It's interesting to me that once I made the decision to return to EvE I haven't been spending much time with other games. I was playing Wildstar for a while but kind of lost interest. My account is still good to November but I have don't think I've logged in there in a month. To be totally honest, I'm just not interested. EvE is taking up about 90% of my gaming time right now. The other 10% is the occasional Need For Speed or Battlefield romp when I feel the need to clear my head, and I've also been known to hop in a Titan or two when the mood strikes me. Other than that it's been all EvE, all the time.

Another interesting thing is that I'm really enjoying being a solo player and realizing that I'm in no rush to join a corp. I know I'll reach a point where it makes sense, and if the right offer comes along I may take it. That said, I'm also not going out of my way to find one right now.

With everything going on in my life right now, EvE really is a vacation, a badly needed one. And I guess one aspect of this particular vacation I've been enjoying is the peace and quiet. Oh sure, I'll socialize when the opportunity arises but, well, it's just nice. Very nice.

More soon.

Friday, October 3, 2014

Everything Old Is New Again

I just bought myself a Caracal. Yeah, a fucking missile boat. I never tried one of these the first few times around in this game. This is fun.

I'm still just soloing missions for now, but I think I'll be looking for a corp soon. It seems many are recruiting and with a little practice and ISK I'll be more than ready to fly with a corp again.

All the basics have come back pretty easily. I've only lost a single ship this time (so far), and so I'd have to say that recovering my combat skills isn't likely to be a big problem. Right now, it's all about training up skills and making ISK.

It's funny, you know? One of the things I've always loved about EvE is that I can go at my own pace. I never feel pressured to level up, kill a certain number of something(s), or pursue a predetermined path. My path is mine to find and it's different each time I re-enter the game.

I don't mind the slow pace this early on, but I do wish I could get better agents. The only ones I can get right now are in distribution.

So, right now, it's slow and steady, which is why I haven't been posting much yet. Don't worry, when there's more to say, I'll say it.

It's good to be home.