Saturday, October 4, 2014

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

Today I flew a few missions and continued fitting the Caracal. She's nicely appointed in terms of hardware now, but there are still a few skills I still need to train up for maximum impact. I've been training the important stuff up to Level IV before moving on to something else because of the long train times for Level V, but now I think it's time I started getting some of the more important ones done.

It's interesting to me that once I made the decision to return to EvE I haven't been spending much time with other games. I was playing Wildstar for a while but kind of lost interest. My account is still good to November but I have don't think I've logged in there in a month. To be totally honest, I'm just not interested. EvE is taking up about 90% of my gaming time right now. The other 10% is the occasional Need For Speed or Battlefield romp when I feel the need to clear my head, and I've also been known to hop in a Titan or two when the mood strikes me. Other than that it's been all EvE, all the time.

Another interesting thing is that I'm really enjoying being a solo player and realizing that I'm in no rush to join a corp. I know I'll reach a point where it makes sense, and if the right offer comes along I may take it. That said, I'm also not going out of my way to find one right now.

With everything going on in my life right now, EvE really is a vacation, a badly needed one. And I guess one aspect of this particular vacation I've been enjoying is the peace and quiet. Oh sure, I'll socialize when the opportunity arises but, well, it's just nice. Very nice.

More soon.

No comments: