Thursday, May 17, 2007

Here We Go Again...

...but not quite as big a problem as before.

Once again, Eve University has been wardecced. This time however, not only am I not refusing to fight, I'm looking forward to it.

It's actually kind of ridiculous. This corp with something like 21 members has wardecced us, so they're going up against a corp of something like, I don't know, maybe 100 times that number? I mean, how utterly stupid is this? Basically, I don't see this as war as much as potential sport, and that's just fine with me.

So what I did earlier today was do my first clone jump to Khanid Kingdom from Gallente space. I then flew a Velator back to where I'd parked my Thorax and flew that to Korsiki. So now I have my medical clone and my Thorax in Korsiki, my jump clone and my Myrmidon in Gallente space (now all fitted out and insured for missions), and three PvP-fitted frigs in Nonni. I'm also now registered on the E-Uni Teamspeak server as well.

Now, I'm all set up for just about anything. I've still got a nice chunk of change left over from fitting the Myrmidon because I decided to sell off a couple of beta implants and rake in about ten million. So I'm really in no rush to go back to running missions, I'm exactly where I need to be in order to available for ops and such, and should it be needed, the Myrmidon is just a clone jump and then about 20 jump gates away. Not bad for a few hours time spent in game today.

Funny, I feel completely different than I did when last we were wardecced. I mean, I know perfectly well that there's a fair chance that I'll get podded sooner or later during this war as I plan to be on the front lines this time around, but I also know that it's also possible that I'll be the one doing the podding this time. I kinda have that "Oh yeah? Bring it on!" sort of attitude now. I guess that can be a good thing as it gets me into the fray, but I have to be careful that it doesn't make me cocky or sloppy. I'm not prepared to risk my brand-new Myrmidon in this war, but I have made the decision to offer up my Thorax in defense of E-Uni as needed. It's the very least I can do for this corp, and I'm more than willing to do it. If that's not enough, I'm also happy to jump into one or more of my PvP fitted frigs I set up for the AU class and fly those into battle as well.

By the time I log in tomorrow, hostilities will have officially begun. Should be interesting, to say the least.

Stay tuned.

No comments: