Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Comfort Zone...

I played Eve a lot of yesterday...probably the single biggest ISK-making day since I've been playing...even if you don't count another timely and generous donation.

Yep, I'm now about 2/3 of the way to my Myrmidon, thanks to Davin Intaki, a really nice guy from T-GRADS. I found a very nice surprise waiting for me when I logged in yesterday, so I sent Davin a thank you note and he found me in-game. He invited me to something that I'd really like to do someday but don't think I'm ready for just yet...a trip to the Eve gate. I know it's a dangerous trip, so I want to wait until I can fly something I can afford to lose, and which could at least theoretically could survive a pirate attack long enough to get the hell out with my pod intact. One day I'll have the skills and the hardware to say "Oh yeah? Fuck you, pirate...chew on this....", but until I reach that point discretion is definitely the better part of common sense.

I blasted my way through about five missions yesterday, including a repeat of "Human Cattle", the one I was having so much trouble with when I met the BoB guys. This time, I got through it in time to collect the time bonus...a hell of a difference.

Today, I dunno...I've got a pretty full RL day ahead of me, so I don't know if I'll get any Eve in today. Maybe, if I'm lucky, an hour or two in-between appointments, but today is my big "deal with RL" day...for some reason, a lot of important things seem to fall on Wednesdays.

Still, right now I'm feeling like I'm back to making real headway toward my goals in this game, and that makes me all the more excited and anxious to get back out there asap.

There's actually more I'd like to write right now, but I just don't have the time...perhaps later, but certainly tomorrow.

No comments: