Thursday, December 3, 2009

The PC Gods Are Smiling Upon Me...

...or maybe I just got lucky, damn lucky.

Had work to do this morning so no time to deal with my PC issue until almost lunchtime. As a last resort, just to see what happens, I click the switch on the back on my power supply on and off and remove the power cord from the back of the PC. When I replace the power cord in its socket, I hear something internal go "ca-click". A quick press of the power button, and lights and fans spring to life. I tell Vista to start normally and begin to relax as it loads and life begins to return to normal.

Whew.

Yeah, something I probably should have checked immediately after the power went out, but to be honest this is the first computer I've owned that was built later than 2002, and it's the first time since I've owned it (May) that I've had this kind of problem. I hadn't tried what eventually worked previously because I didn't know to try it.

Well, so much for that crisis. Hopefully, I'll have some time to log in later this evening.

No comments: